For all of our readers in the UK, I want to encourage you to check out one of the awesome Spartan Race events in your area! There will be races across the UK, including South Wales, Manchester, and Scotland. These events are a great physical challenge, and a lot of fun! And of course, you are free to peel off the shirt and wear whatever you are comfortable with. From the FAQ, “What should I wear?”:
You could wear:
It's your choice, really. We do suggest trailing running shoes and lightweight apparel that drains well; remember, it's likely you will be soaking wet and/or muddy.
- Shorty shorts, monkey suit, or Lycra
- Bikinis, compression shorts and socks or a tiara
- Marathon gear, triathlon gear, or spelunking gear
A great rule of thumb is to race in what you train in - new shoes on race day are NOT recommended.
Now for the best part. One reader will win a free race code, good one time for any Spartan Race in the UK! The only thing better than the exhilaration of competing in an intense event like this shirtless, is doing it for free! So how do you enter? Do any one of these:
- Upload a video of your training for the race (shirtless, of course) to Youtube and email the link to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Write a post about your experience training or competing shirtless (any sport, athletic event, or fitness activity), and email it email@example.com to be shared on the blog (preferably include a shirtless picture).
- If you are new to going shirtless, write a post about why you are interested, your hesitations, and what you think it will take to give you the confidence to finally take the plunge. Again, email that post to firstname.lastname@example.org to be shared on the blog.
I’m looking forward to seeing your entries. I hope all of our readers in the UK will sign up for one of these events, whether you win a free race or not. Good luck!